Sunday, 1 April 2012

Review of 'Shadow'




Title: Shadow
Author: Michael Morpurgo


Blurb:
Never have Aman and his mother needed a friend more than when a Springer Spaniel appears - thin and war-ravaged - in the mouth of their Afghan cave, where they struggle to survive in a world of poverty, corruption and police brutality. Nursed back to health by Aman, the dog becomes a constant companion, a shadow, and that's what Aman decides to call her.


But life in Afghanistan becomes more dangerous by the moment. Eventually, Aman, his mother and Shadow find the courage to embark upon the treacherous journey from war-torn Afghanistan to the safety of a relative's home in Manchester, England.


But how far can Shadow lead them? And in this terrifying new world, is anywhere really safe?


My Review:
I read this book in one day and a thoroughly enjoyed it, at first I didn't think I was going to enjoy this book as much as I did. 


Each chapter is from a different point of view - Aman, Matt and Grandpa. Most of the book is Aman and his mum's story of how they got to England. The story is heartfelt and I felt sooo sorry for everything that they had to go through. 


Shadow is a great dog and a brave one aswell, she really does link in with the story well and I felt that the dog really was loyal to Aman and the soldiers. 


All in all I really enjoyed this and it gets a thumbs up in my book!!


xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!