Monday, 23 July 2012

Review of 'The Celeb Next Door'



Title: The Celeb Next Door
Author: Hilary Freeman
Series: Camden Town Tales


Blurb:


Rosie has lived in Paradise Avenue, Camden Town all her life. As well as the market to hang out at and gigs to go to, there are celebrities to spot, and TV studios where she and her best friends Sky and Vix might get noticed.


When Rosie finds out that the drummer from a chart-topping group is moving into the house next door, she makes it her mission to befriend him. But things don't turn out quite the way she expects...


My Review:


Seen as I read a couple of other books my Hilary Freeman and saw this in the library as another book in the 'Camden Town Tales' I thought 'YES - I will read that!' It's fast paced and the perfect summer book for any teenager! It's full of romance, friendship and a sprinkle of celebs! 


Every character in the story is realistic and you can believe that they are real, they face the same problems as any typical teenager, so it wasn't hard to believe the characters. The story is a bit out of reach but Camden is like that so it's not totally out of this world.


Max is sooo sweet, I found myself falling in love with him, if Rosie doesn't him then I'll have him! He was so considerate and always thought about Rosie - I wish the boys nowadays were like him! 


Rosie faces any problem that any normal person would face at least once in their life, but I felt like I wanted a better ending for Max, for him to go with Vix because she likes him and Rosie was trying to set them up.


I feel that this book was written better than the first book but both books are enjoyable and worth a read, they're nice summer reads! 


X X X X 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!