Saturday, 10 November 2012

Review of Four Children And It

Title: Four Children and It
Author: Jacqueline Wilson

Blurb:
Rosalind and Robbie don't want to spend the summer stuck in their new dad's house with irritating Smash and her glamorous mum. 

Dad's biggest wish is for everyone to get along. So when he suggests a picnic in nearby Oxshott woods the children grudgingly agree.

That afternoon, in a golden sandpit, Rosalind makes a wish of her own and something extraordinary happens. It just might change their summer from weeks of rows and bickering into the best holiday these four children have ever had...


My Review:

This was a nice change from Jacqueline Wilson's normal books and she tends to write about real life problems but this is more of a fantasy. It's about the four children, Rosalind, Robbie, Smash and Maudie. It's also a tribute to E Nesbitt's book Five Children and It (which is one of Jacqueline's favorite book).

The children get dragged along to a picnic at Oxshott woods by their Dad. They go and sit by a sandpit but then as they sit their (with faces like thunder), something starts rustling beneath the pit. Robbie - who is animal obsessed - manages to get this strange creature out called the Psammead. The best things of all is that it can grant wishes! 

I loved reading about the wishes, especially Smash's, they were really creative and got me thinking that if  I found a Psammead what would I wish for? 

I'm not going to go into detail about the plot because otherwise that would spoil the story. Overall though, I think that this book is worth a read and seen as I'm a HUGE Jacqueline Wilson fan I'm yet to find a book of hers that I don't like. (Also because I got the book for £1.49 makes it even better)!

X X X X 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!