Friday, 22 March 2013

Review of No Ordinary Excuse


Name: No Ordinary Excuse
Author: Michelle Adams


Blurb:

‘I put on my imaginary thinking cap. Mine is a hot pink, domed helmet with purple lightning bolts on the sides. It pulls down from a long spring coil above my bed… So with my cap in place, I started thinking of possible homework excuses. Maybe I could tell Miss Haven that I’d spent the last two weeks under alien hypnosis and they’d erased any memory of a school project…’

Meet twelve year old Gemma Martin. She wants to be an actress, but school is getting in the way. Gemma has used all of the usual excuses to avoid her homework, but this time she’s facing serious consequences and must rely on her vivid imagination to create the most extraordinary homework excuse ever. Initially, Gemma’s stolen project story skyrockets her popularity, but it isn’t long before things start to spiral out of control and Gemma is headed for disaster. No Ordinary Excuse is the story of how our biggest mistakes are often our greatest teachers.

(Blurb taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

Gemma  hates doing her homework, so when she puts off a project that will affect her school level/grade, she comes up with a grand plan to get more time. What is this plan? Her project has been stolen! Her plan involves her auntie who is touring Australia at the time taking pictures of the stolen project to prove Gemma's lie. It all appears to be going smoothly until Gemma's teacher refuses to accept her project. And then Gemma's school rival tells the lie. Will Gemma be able to put things right or will she end up in detention forever? 

I would recommend this book and it's a great easy read! 


X X X X 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!