Friday, 8 March 2013

Review of A Sea of Stars

Title: A Sea of Stars
Author: Kate Maryon

Blurb:
Maya wishes she could go surfing and hang out with her friends on the beach, but as an only child, her parents are pretty overprotective - especially Mum.

Cat has the freedom to do what she likes - her mum can barely look after herself, let alone her daughter...

Now Maya's family are adopting Cat and the girls' lives suddenly collide. As tensions rise and secrets surface, can they ever be firends, let alone sisters?

My Review:
 I've had this book sitting on my shelf for a while now and I really regret not picking it up sooner.

I LOVED this book!! The story follows Cat and Maya. Cat is in foster care, Maya's brother Alfie died when she was younger. This has made Maya's mum very protective of where Maya goes and whether things are dangerous or not. 

This is really annoying for Maya as she enjoys surfing but isn't allowed down to the beach on her own. When  Maya's family decide to adopt Cat, both their world's are turned upside down. 

Cat seems to have lots of secrets and won't let anybody in. Maya and her family find it really hard to get into Cat's trust zone, but somehow they manage it after an incident involving Maya.

As I said before I loved this book and couldn't put it down! It is just incredible and I highly recommend it. I'm telling you now - add it to your must read list!

X X X X X 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!