Sunday, 14 April 2013

Review of Code Name Verity

Title: Code Name Verity
Author: Elizabeth Wein

Blurb:

I have two weeks. You'll shoot me at the end no matter what I do.
That's what you do to enemy agents. It's what we do to enemy agents. But I look at all the dark and twisted roads ahead and cooperation is the easy way out. Possibly the only way for a girl caught red handed doing dirty work like mine - and I will do anything, anything to avoid SS-Hauptsturnfuhrer von Linden interrogating me again.

He has said that I can have as much paper as I need. All I have to do is cough everything I can remember about the British War Effort. And I'm going to. But the story of how I came to be here starts with my friend Maddie. She is the pilot who flew me into France - an Allied Version of Two.


We are a sensational team.

My Review:

This is one of the Carnegie books and I really wasn't impressed. I couldn't even get passed the first 50 pages!

From the blurb the book sounded quite good but as soon as I started reading it just seemed like endless amounts of waffle written all over the page!

Nothing seemed to happen and I couldn't understand what was going on. It's very rare that I do stop reading a book so you can tell how bad I thought it was.

I really wasn't impressed and wouldn't recommend at all! But, if it sounds like a book you enjoy go ahead and read it but for me, I just couldn't get into it. 

Let me know if you did enjoy it and why!

Sorry Elizabeth but your book just didn't impress me!



X

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!