Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Review: Falling Fast

Title: Falling Fast
Author: Sophie McKenzie
Series: Flynn (1)

Blurb:
When River auditions for a part in an interschool performance of Romeo and Juliet, she finds herself smitten by Flynn, the boy playing Romeo. But Flynn comes from a damaged family—is he even capable of giving River what she wants? The path of true love never did run smooth . . .

This is real life, not a rehearsal..










My Review:
I won this book agesss ago and just never picked it up. I don't know why but when I finished The Fault in Our Stars I decided to finally read this.
I didn't expect the story I got from the cover, the cover implies that the books going to be a soppy book and that it will be a light, easy read. However, I found that it had deeper meanings and wasn't just your typical love story. 

River and Flynn meet whilst working on the inter-school play, Romeo and Juliet. Their lives couldn't be more different; River has a big house and money. However Flynn lives a tiny apartment with his mum and 2 sisters. Flynn takes any work he can to support his family and he's had a tough life. His past definitely affects his personality. In the play Flynn plays Romeo and he is supposed to be the Romeo of the story but he isn't perfect - he has a bad temper, but is also incredibly sweet and caring. 

River is incredibly paranoid about her looks, it did get a little bit annoying throughout the book. She always had niggles about the way she looked, whether Flynn really liked her. She did come across as quite whiny. Throughout the whole book River only seemed to care about finding her 'true' love.

Overall though, I found the story really enjoyable and was surprised at how much I liked it. I definitely want to read the rest of the series. If you're a fan of teen - YA romance then I would recommend you try this book.

X X X X
post signature
1

2

1 comments:

  1. Hi! I nominated you for the liebster award on my blog. I hope you're able to participate!
    http://she-read.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!