Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Review of Flashes

Title: Flashes
Author: Tim O'Rourke
Blurb:
Charley has visions: flashes of things she can't explain. She feels certain they're clues to a crime someone's committed against a girl, but not will believe her. Until she meets Tom, a young detective on his first case - a death on railway tracks, not far from where Charley lives. Was it an accident, a suicide... or murder?
The attraction between Charley and Tom is instant, but can they discover what's happened... before it happens again?
My Review:
I was impressed by this book! Right from the start I was hooked. It was gripping from start to finish.
Charley is like any normal 17 year old except for the fact that she has flashes. Visions of murders she believes to have happened. 
When Charley's best friend Natalie dies on railway tracks her flashes start to become more vivid. She can see through the eyes of victims and experience their final moments. Her father however, doesn't believe in her flashes. She tries desperately to convince him that she is not mad. 
Then another girl, Kerry, dies on the railway tracks. Determined to show her father that she's not mad she tries to solve the case with the help of new detective Tom. He too wants to prove himself and get to the bottom of what happened on the railway tracks. 
Charley is a very relatable character and easy to like. I felt sorry for her at the start when nobody believed her about her flashes. I really wanted her to prove her flashes. 
Tom was a great character, he was easy to like and added a bit of humour to the novel. You understand why he wants to solve this mystery and I loved the attraction between him and Charley.
The story alternates between characters and by doing this you got a really good feel for the characters thoughts and feelings. 
I was kept guessing throughout the whole book, when I thought I knew what was going to happen I was surprised. I didn't expect the ending I got...
Overall, a really great YA crime novel. I'd highly recommend as I loved every minute of it!  5 stars!
X X X X X
post signature





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!