Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Review of The Iron Queen

Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: Iron Fey (3)

Blurb:

My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.


My Review:
Having thouroughly enjoyed the previous 2 books in the series, I was eager to read this one; it did not disappoint. Once again I was sucked back into the magic and intrigue of the Nevernever. 
So much is happening in the story that it's hard to tell you the plot without giving away certain pieces of information. If you haven't read the first book then you may not understand some things and the links in this book. Meghan is still half fey/half human. The basic plot is that the Seelie and Unseelie courts are at war with Iron, it is Meghan's job to stop this war.
I can't reveal too much more as it may spoil it for people who haven't yet read the book or the others in the series. 
I loved the development of Ash's character, his walls have started to come down and you get to see the real connection between him and Meghan. Puck was still his comical self, he adds that bit of humour to the book. Grimalkin still makes apperances here and there, always popping up and disappearing at different times.
Overall, another fantastic book in the \Iron Fey series. I cannot wait to read The Iron Knight. Cannot recommend this series enough.

X X X X X 
post signature





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!