Tuesday, 2 September 2014

The Reading Habits Tag

Something slightly different today. I thought I'd do a tag post. I've never done a tag video on this blog before, but let's get into it!

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?

Not really. I tend to read anywhere. I mainly read in my bed but I don't have a specific place that I go to read. 
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I am bookmark girl. I can't put a piece of paper in my book and I certainly can't turn the corners down! The thought of that just makes me cringe! If I don't have a bookmark with me I will remember the page number rather than turning the corner's down or putting a piece of paper inside.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I like to stop reading after a certain point/event or a chapter. I hate stopping in the middle of a bit - I like to reach a reasonable end point before I can put a book down. 
4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
No. Maybe a biscuit or something occasionally, but generally speaking, no I don't eat or drink when reading. 
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
No, I just get distracted and find that I'm not taking in any of the story. I'm just reading. I have to have my attention solely on the book. 
6. One book at a time or several at once?
I used to read several books when I was younger but now I read one at a time. 
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. I'm one of those people that can read anywhere. I read on planes, trains, in the car. Waiting for something to cook. Lots of people can't read when travelling but I don't have a problem with it. It's one of the things I do to pass the time when on a long journey. 
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. I can't stand it when people read out loud; it drives me mad!!
9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I am guilty of this. If a book is boring I will skip chunks or even pages. Equally I skim read when something is exciting as I want to get ahead and find out what happens.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
Keeping it new. I hate having a broken spine - I know it shows love, but I like to keep my books looking pristine. I'm so specific about my books, I'm also reluctant to lend certain books to people as I don't want them to come back wrecked. 
11. Do you write in your books?
Gosh no, that just feels wrong on so many levels!
12. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa! It is fast becoming my favourite series. I highly recommend it!

post signature


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!