Tuesday, 3 March 2015

My Blogging Story

As part of the World Book Day campaign, I’ve been asked by My Voucher Codes to tell my story on how literature changed my life and why I started blogging. Also, as it is coming up to my blogs third birthday this post is incredibly fitting.

From a very young age, books had always been a big part of my life. My mum and dad would read to me even when I was only a few weeks old, books were already constantly around me and by the time I reached Primary school I was very familiar with them.

As soon as I could read fluently, I was off. I would devour book after book - I couldn't get enough of the things. I was constantly taking trips to library to get more and more of the things - I was obsessed.

Up until my first year of secondary school I continued to love books and literature and I was encouraged hugely by my teachers to read a vast array of books.

It was through reading a magazine that I discovered blogging. The magazine in question: Mizz. It was running a competition to win an ipad and all you had to do was do a video review of a book (Touch of Power by Maria V Snyder). At the time, the only thing I was interested in was the ipad but that competition affected me a lot. Sadly, I didn't win the ipad (I still feel robbed) and my review is still on Youtube for the world to see. If you'd like to see year 7 me, click on the video below. 


But, that review and competition led me to discover the world of blogs and I've been apart of that world for nearly 3 years now. It's hard work running a blog and juggling life at the same time but it's so worth it. my blog has led me to do blog tours, work with publishing houses, fulfil my enjoyment in writing, participating in the Carnegie Shadowing, becoming a member of the Guardian teen site which has led me to interview Jennifer E Smith and The Fault in Our Star's very own, Ansel Elgort, doing work experience at a local newspaper and possibly the most exciting of all: GOING TO THE GUARDIAN TO INTERVIEW MARIA V SNYDER. The author who started this whole journey off.

Without blogging and books I wouldn't have done half of these things. Literature and blogging have well and truly changed my life and (hopefully) will continue to do so for a very long time. For all those people who think books are boring, think again, because what I've done is probably way more exciting!
 
post signature


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!