Tuesday, 31 March 2015

My Trip to the Guardian!

Hello,

A bit of a different post today, I thought I would do a 'my day at the Guardian' type post. I was asked along by the lovely Children's Book Team to interview the amazing author, Maria V Snyder. I'm a big fan of Maria's books so, naturally, jumped at the chance.

We left early in the morning to ensure we had a full day in London. The interview itself was at 4:00pm. We had a great time looking round Piccadilly Circus and Regent's Park. I was trying to spot Matty Healy from 'The 1975'. Sadly, we didn't see him, but oh well.



This is myself and my mum outside the Guardian about to go inside. I was starting to become increasingly terrified so I don't look very happy here.


As we went, we were seen to by reception and we all got very snazzy passes which make excellent scrapbook material.


Then when Maria arrived I was so nervous. We were taken into a recording studio where I would ask her my questions. As the interview went on, I think I relaxed a bit, however by the end I was so glad I'd done it.




This is a photo of myself and Maria before the interview. 



Maria kindly autographed my favourite book, 'Touch of Power'. This is the book that made me start blogging so it's quite a special book to me.


Lastly, I was allowed a dip in the Children's book shelf which was incredibly exciting. I could've stayed in there for hours and I was spoilt for choice. I eventually settled on these 8 books which should keep me busy for a while.


This is Maria V Snyder's latest book, I'd highly recommend it and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That was my day in the Guardian. I had such an incredible and insightful experience. I was so incredibly scared before I went in, but I'm so glad I did it. 

post signature








1 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is so awesome you got to interview and meet Maria V Snyder!! I absolutely loved Poison Study and Shadow Study! I must say, I love this newer cover you have shown on your post!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!