Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Review // Girl Online On Tour

Title: Girl Online On Tour
Author: Zoe Sugg

Blurb:

Penny joins her rock-star boyfriend, Noah, on his European music tour.

Penny's bags are packed.

When Noah invites Penny on his European music tour, she can't wait to spend time with her rock-god-tastic boyfriend.

But, between Noah's jam-packed schedule, less-than-welcoming bandmates and threatening messages from jealous fans, Penny wonders whether she's really cut out for life on tour. She can't help but miss her family, her best friend Elliot . . . and her blog, Girl Online.

Can Penny learn to balance life and love on the road, or will she lose everything in pursuit of the perfect summer?
(Blurb taken from Goodreads)


My Review:

As a fan of Zoe and seeing as I enjoyed her first book I was keen to read the second book in the series. Following the controversy of the last book I was also interested to discover Zoe's writing style. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised - I did enjoy the book.

The book follows Noah and Penny's relationship as they go on tour together with The Sketch. The story follows the trials and tribulations and the ups and downs throughout the tour. I enjoyed being in each country and I did like Zoe's writing style.

The plot is easy to follow and the book has a nice ending. One thing I did find throughout is that it could be a bit too everything's amazing one minute and then everything's awful the next. Regardless of that I would definitely recommend the book if you're after something easy to read.

It's not going to win any literary prizes for writing or most inventive plot but I still enjoyed the book and devoured each page. I would definitely recommend it if you're after something quick and easy to read.

X X X X

1 comments:

  1. I enjoyed her first book (before the ghost writing scandal came to light) because it was so quick and easy to read. It was a fun book, too, not too serious and a good pick me up. I've been hesitant about picking up the sequel, but if it's just as quick and easy then I'll have to give it a go, just so that I know what happens.

    Charlotte | Bookmarks and Blogging

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one!